Lawrie & Co
Lawrie & Co (1794-1884), established in London, was a past constituent of Holt & Co.
Andrew Lawrie established a business at 15 George Street, Adelphi, London, as an army agent in 1794. In 1838 the firm was called Lawrie & M’Grigor and located at 10 Church St, St James', London.
Following reform of the British army in 1872, agency work became more limited. In 1884, on the death of Andrew Lawrie, the firm, by then known as Lawrie & Co, was acquired by Holt & Co.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Lawrie & Co have the reference code HO/198.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- inoperative accounts ledger 1864-84