Harris & Co
Harris & Co (1806-40), established in Dartmouth, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in 1806 as Harris & Co when linen draper Robert Harris bought out the business of an older bank, first established in about 1795. The bank was also known as Dartmouth Bank. It was styled Harris, Langhorn & Harris in 1812; Harris, Langhorn & Co by 1816; and Harris & Co by 1821. It was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England in 1840.
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- Plymouth and West Devon Record Office: Blank cheque n.d. (289/94)