to businesses than any other bank in the last year
Over 1 billion
log-ins to the app every year
children had a MoneySense lesson in the last year
NatWest serves customers in England and Wales supporting them with their personal, private and business banking needs, and supports large corporates in Western Europe.
Alongside a wide range of banking services, NatWest offers businesses specialist sector knowledge in areas such as manufacturing and technology, as well as access to specialist entrepreneurial support.
NatWest dates back to 1968 when National Provincial Bank, Westminster Bank and District Bank came together to form National Westminster Bank – symbolised by the three chevrons in the logo.
Since then, the bank has had a proud history of ‘firsts’ and working out clever solutions to problems – leading the growth of cash machines during late 1960s and 1970s and launching the Switch debit card in the 1980s.Today, NatWest still leads the way in innovation as one of the first banks to launch ApplePay and TouchID security.
- In 2015 NatWest announced a partnership with Entrepreneurial Spark, the business accelerator for early stage and growing ventures. NatWest is opening its premises to entrepreneurs and providing them with support and a network of contacts.
- NatWest’s 36-year association with cricket has seen it sponsor the NatWest Trophy, the NatWest Series one-day internationals, and the 1999 Cricket World Cup. NatWest is currently the main sponsor of T20 cricket at county and international level.
- Completed in 1981, the National Westminster Tower (now known as Tower42) was built in London to serve as the NatWest’s headquarters. Defining London’s skyline at 600 feet (183m) and 42 floors, it was the tallest building in the UK until 1991.
- NatWest is the leading supporter of The Prince’s Trust Enterprise Programme. Through this partnership the bank helps over 8,900 disadvantaged young people a year, providing them with business support to help them either start up in business or enter education, training or work.
- NatWest is a partner of the England and Wales Cricket Board and it supports T20 cricket at all levels. As a result, NatWest has the opportunity to provide customers access to tickets. NatWest also works to strengthen the communities it operates in via NatWest CricketForce.
- NatWest is also a partner of the Rugby Football Union and it recognises customers with rugby rewards and supports communities via NatWest RugbyForce across England & Wales.
- NatWest is currently working with National Trading Standards (NTS) to launch the 'Friends Against Scams Initiative' and is partnering with the British Standards Institute to develop a national industry standard for protecting customers from fraud. The bank is also developing a partnership with Age UK and NTS to protect vulnerable customers from fraud.
- As part of its partnership with Citizens Advice, NatWest has paid for two advisors to be in Southend Debt Collection Centre to provide immediate impartial advice to customers.
- The Southbank Centre is the cultural hub of London and NatWest has been partner of their annual Winter Festival since 2013.
- NatWest is the headline sponsor of the British LGBT Awards. Now in its 4th year of sponsorship, the bank is pleased to support the awards, which are designed to showcase individuals and organisations that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to the LGBT community.