NatWest wins ‘Best Banking app’ for second year in a row
NatWest has been named the ‘Best Banking App’ at the British Bank Awards 2018, run by Smart Money People.
06 March 2018
The awards, which were presented last week and followed feedback from over 24,000 consumers and businesses, named NatWest the ‘Best Banking App’ for the second year running.
Les Matheson, CEO for Personal and Business Banking at NatWest said: “We are delighted to have been named the “Best Banking App” for another year. Over 5.6 million of our customers regularly use our mobile banking apps and more customers than ever use digital services as their main way to bank. Our customers expect their bank to be innovative, digital and responsive to their needs. This award proves that our app answers that brief - making it even easier and more convenient for our customers to access and manage their finances on the move.”
NatWest’s award winning app offers a full range of banking options including making domestic and international payments & transfers, managing regular standing orders and Direct Debits, alongside a number of innovative features, such as Get Cash, to help our customers manage their finances safely and conveniently. Through the app customers can:
- Get quick and secure access to the app using Face ID, Fingerprint login, or 5 - 8 digit passcode.
- View balances across all accounts in one convenient place, alongside a detailed view of transactions - without having to login to Online Banking.
- Make up to 5 payments totalling £250 per day to new payees using the app without having to set them up in Online Banking.
- Register travel plans through our app, taking the stress out of going abroad.
- Choose unique text alerts to let them know if they slip into your overdraft, or just send themselves a simple balance update.
- Send international payments to payees that they have previously set up within Online Banking.
- Pay friends and family using just their mobile number (as long as they have our mobile app or are registered for Paym). It’s quick and easy, and they’ll get the money instantly.
- Withdraw cash from an ATM without their card using a Get Cash code generated in the app.
- Set up standing orders to saved payees, companies or between their own accounts. Customers can view the status of their regular payments, check the details, keep an eye on the next payment date and cancel future payments.
- This article is for media use only and is not a financial promotion.
- App available to customers with Online Banking and a UK or international mobile number in specific countries.
- Get Cash and payment limits apply.
- Criteria applies for Face ID, Touch ID and Android Fingerprint.
NatWest has announced that it’s in advanced testing of an AI powered ‘digital human’, which could in future be used as an additional way for customers to get answers to basic banking queries.
Useful downloads and information