Ross McEwan, Chief Executive of RBS signed the voluntary covenant on behalf of the bank at the Ministry of Defence, alongside Mark Lancaster TD MP Parliamentary under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans.
Signing the Corporate Covenant recognises the moral obligation that society has to members of the Armed Forces and their families.
Adding the Bank’s name to the signatories RBS, which includes Holt’s Military Banking, NatWest & Royal Bank of Scotland commits to support serving regular and reservist personnel, veterans and military families in a range of ways including:
- Providing members of the Armed Forces with access to tailored financial services through Holt’s Military Banking, including special accounts and lending products.
- Supporting employees in the reserve forces by providing paid leave to attend training, the continuation of employee benefits and pensions, and the ability to phase back to work after active service
- Supporting spouses and partners of serving personnel, including flexible and special leave
- Working with Veterans Associations to support the employment for service leavers
- Supporting the wider Armed Forces community through participating in Armed Forces Day activities and raising funds for military charities such as the Royal British Legion.
RBS, which has a long history of working with the Armed Forces Community, has recently established an Armed Forces Employee Led Network. Through this network members are able to provide support to serving colleagues and veterans, their families and managers.
Ross McEwan, Chief Executive of RBS said:
“It’s vital that we do everything we can to better serve and understand the communities we do business in. We have a proud history of working with the Armed Forces and we want to serve them as well as we can as they continue to protect and serve us in the future.”
Mark Lancaster TD MP Parliamentary under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Personnel, Welfare and Veterans, commented:
"Our Armed Forces community makes a tremendous contribution to society, and deserves the very best support. The pledges made today by RBS are exemplary; the company clearly understands the unique banking needs of our personnel and are going the extra mile to provide bespoke financial services for those special requirements. RBS are helping to ensure that our servicemen and women are not disadvantaged as a result of their missions overseas or the nature of service life.”