Run throughout June, July and August at RBS locations in London, Manchester and Edinburgh, this unique two-day taster programme lets students experience the fast-moving atmosphere of a bank. Participants will get to meet RBS employees and learn more about how banks work. The programme also provides an opportunity to secure further work experience at RBS for students in their first year of university.
Over the two day career insight programme, students will:
- Learn how RBS operates in an informative ‘Overview of the Financial Services sector’ workshop
- Shadow RBS interns and graduates to discover what life at a bank is really like
- Learn more about the economy in presentations and networking sessions with senior business leaders
- Develop their profile by learning how to build their own personal brand
- Undertake a follow up telephone interview for a Spring Week internship with RBS during their first year at University
The programme aims to develop skills that will increase employability among students and help participants to strengthen their CV.
Glen McGowan, Head of Early Careers commented:
“The Career Insight Programme provides School leavers with the opportunity to learn more about us and the industry that we operate in. Students will get to network with and shadow our current Graduates to discover what life at RBS is really like, and over the course of two days will participate in a range of sessions that will help them to develop employability skills before heading off for further study; opening up a range of opportunities available to them within the bank.”
You can apply for the RBS career insight programme here.