The note, approved by the Queen, is RBS' first ever £10 commemorative note. It is the third in RBS' royal commemorative note series, which includes a £20 note for The Queen Mother's 100th birthday in September in 2000, and a £5 note for the Queen's Golden Jubilee in 2002.
The note features different images of the Queen taken during her reign:
- The Queen at Epsom Racecourse in 2008.
- Official palace photograph of the Queen taken in the 1940s.
- The Queen with her family at Balmoral Castle.
- The Queen with the Duke of Edinburgh and HRH Princess Anne attending the traditional service for the Order of the Thistle
Buying the new note
It will take about 20 working days to process orders from the date of receipt of payment.
If you are in Scotland
You can buy the Diamond Jubilee commemorative note
- from our branches in Scotland, or
- by sending a cheque for the face value of the notes (maximum 20 notes per person) + £10 for Special Delivery postage to:
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Scottish Note Team
1 Redheughs Avenue
PO Box 1727
If you are outside Scotland
For legal reasons we cannot sell this note from branches outside Scotland.
To buy a note from outside Scotland, email FPSCNOT@rbos.co.uk.
Please give your full postal address. We reply to each request, and will let you know if we can send notes to your country.
"RBS has a long connection with royalty and a tradition of issuing notes to commemorate royal celebrations. We felt that this was the most fitting way to honour the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and her long reign as monarch."
Philip Hampton, RBS Chairman