India is one of three priority markets for RBS in the region and the new India appointments are integral to RBS's overall Equities strategy for the Bank.
Ramit Bhasin, Head of Markets, Global Banking & Markets, India said, "The additions are yet another step toward our plan to be a leading Equities house in India. RBS remains committed to our India and off-shore clients by providing them with deep, relevant research and excellent execution capability in order to capture the long-term growth potential of India."
- Harish Bihani joins as an analyst to cover Indian power utilities and capital goods. He has been tracking these sectors for more than four years and has a strong relationship with the industry professionals. Prior to joining RBS Equities India, Harish tracked the same sectors at Indiabulls Institutional Equities for over two years
- Piyush Choudary joins RBS as an analyst to cover Indian telecom and infrastructure stocks. Piyush has four years experience covering the India telecom sector, first with Centrum Broking and most recently with Indiabulls
- Atul Rastogi joins as an analyst to cover Indian mid cap companies. Atul is an experienced analyst, with over 13 years in tracking a variety of sectors in India, including oil and gas, consumer, fertilizers and mid-caps. Prior to RBS, Atul worked at Daiwa and UBS. His broad experience will significantly increase our stock coverage in India in a short period of time
- Aditi Thapliyal covers Indian mid-cap banks and non-bank lenders. She joins RBS from Execution Noble, a boutique mid market investment bank where she covered mid cap Financial stocks. Prior to this, she worked at Enam Securities and at the State Bank of India as a Financials analyst
- Vivek Verma joins RBS to cover Indian insurance and mid-cap banks. He previously worked at Edelweiss for three years covering banking and insurance stocks. Prior to this, he spent two and half years at SBI Life where he worked across sales, operations, financial control and investor relations
- Sanjeev Patni joins the RBS onshore team in Cash Equity Sales. Sanjeev most recently was at Prabhudas Lilladher. He has a strong background with exposure to both Sales and Research roles spanning the 20+ years of his experience globally, at international and local securities firms in New York, Singapore and Mumbai
- Sameer Goyal joins the RBS onshore team in Sales. He worked at Indiabulls Securities prior to RBS, and has 10 years of experience in the industry. A Chartered Accountant by qualification, Sameer started his career as an analyst tracking the Indian software sector before moving to sales
- Varun Pardiwalla joins the RBS onshore team in Sales. He was most recently at Daiwa Capital Markets. He has a good background spanning over 10 years with experience gained at various international securities firms, including Deutsche, Macquarie and UBS
Today, RBS also announced several key and senior hires in its research and distribution teams across the region.