- We are offering mortgage repayment holidays to any NatWest and RBS customers affected by the riots
- Personal customers with an overdraft can ask for a temporary increase to help with emergency bills. In times of difficulty we always encourage our customers to let us know so we can work with them
- Any damage to homes or vehicles insured through RBS / NatWest is covered by our policies. Our Home Insurance products provide Buildings and/or Contents cover for loss or damage caused by Riots, Civil Commotion and Political Disturbance. This means that some policies may cover the cost of reasonable alternative accommodation. Existing Home Insurance customers should call 0845 246 0436 (RBS), 0845 246 0431 (NW) or minicom number 0800 051 3030 (NW/RBS)
- Customers with Comprehensive car insurance policies with us will have cover. Existing Car Insurance customers should call 0845 246 0445 (RBS), 0845 246 0441 (NW) or minicom number 0800 051 3030 (NW/RBS)
- Customers who have had their debit card lost or stolen can call and use our free Emergency Cash service to access cash within 3 hours - this service lets customers access cash from any of our 8,000 RBS, NatWest or Tesco ATMs. To access it customers need to have £25 in their account. If registered with digital (online) or telephone banking customers can access up to £300. For those who are not registered, we can still offer £60
Brian Hartzer, CEO of RBS UK Retail Banking said:
"The riots that affected communities across the UK have destroyed and damaged the homes of a number of our customers. RBS and NatWest will do all we can to support our customers through this challenging time. Many of our customers have already been in touch and we encourage others to do so as soon as possible."