We are the biggest supporter of UK business and offer a wide range of services to those who either want to start a new business or scale-up.
We have set the following commitments:
• We will help create 50k incremental new businesses across the UK by 2023, and support over half a million people to consider entrepreneurship as a career option.
• Much of this support will be focussed on the people and communities who have traditionally faced the highest barriers to entry;
75% of those inspired and supported will be based in regions outside London & South East
60% of those inspired and supported will be female
20% of those inspired and supported will be BAME
10% of those inspired and supported will be social purpose-led
Our work so far:
• Led The Alison Rose Review into Female Entrepreneurship in partnership with HM Treasury and Department for Business, Energy, Industrial Strategy & Skills to identify the reasons behind the disparity between start up rates between male and female entrepreneurs
• Supported almost 19,000 entrepreneurs through our Business Builder programme and our Accelerator Hubs based in 12 locations around the UK
• Launched a dedicated £1 billion fund to provide loans to female-led businesses of all sizes
• We have over 500 Women in Business specialists throughout the UK
• Partnered with Crowdfunder to launch Back Her Business to help female entrepreneurs raise capital whilst providing free mentoring, coaching and a broader network to tap into
• Launched Dream Bigger initiative, encouraging young women in UK secondary schools to consider STEM subjects and Entrepreneurship as a career option.
On a visit to NatWest-backed London restaurant Darjeeling Express, CEO Alison Rose discussed some of the issues facing female-led businesses with owner Asma Khan and some local entrepreneurs - watch video: