Wilson & Son
Cheque of Wilson & Son, 19th century © RBS 2016
Wilson & Son (1853-79), established in Alfreton, was a past constituent of NatWest.
Wilson & Son, also known as Alfreton Bank, was established in 1853. As early as 1821 or 1822 a firm known as Wilson & Co had been acting as Alfreton agents for Wylde & Bolger of Southwell, Nottinghamshire, and this firm, led by William Wilson, may be connected with what became Wilson & Son in 1853. In 1879 the bank was acquired by Crompton & Evans' Union Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Wilson & Son have the reference code WIS.
- cheque and cheque form n.d.