Stockton & Durham County Bank
Stockton & Durham County Bank (1838-1846) was a past constituent of NatWest.
This joint stock bank was established in Stockton in 1838 with a capital of £150,000. A branch was opened in Guisborough by 1845. The bank failed in 1846, when 25% of the paid-up capital had been lost, and was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England. The company was dissolved in 1853 when its affairs were finally settled.
Branches: In 1846 one branch was operating.
Summary of our holdings
Our archival records of Stockton & Durham County Bank have the reference code STO.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- prospectus 1838
- directors’ meeting minute book 1838-1853
- general meeting minute book 1838-1853
- deed of settlement 1839