Jeffreys & Co
Jeffreys & Co (1811-39), established in Chatham, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in 1811 as Budgen & Co, and was associated with a separate bank of the same name in Dartford. It was known as Jeffreys & Hill from 1816; Jeffreys & Co from 1818; Jeffreys & Gurr by 1821; and Jeffreys & Co by 1829.
Jeffreys & Co was acquired by London & County Banking Co in 1839.