Hector, Lacy & Co
Hector, Lacy & Co (c.1807-41), established in Petersfield, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in about 1807 as Patrick Eyles & Co; it was also known as Petersfield & Hampshire Bank. In 1841, when styled Hector, Lacy & Co, the bank failed and its business was acquired by London & County Banking Co.
Detailed list of name changes
- Patrick Eyles & Co in c.1807
- Patrick, Eyles, Hector & Hector by 1812
- Hector, Lacy & Co from 1821
- Hector, Bencraft & Hector by 1826
- Hector & Lacy by 1829
- Hector, Lacy & Co by 1841
Also known as Petersfield & Hampshire Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Hector, Lacy & Co have the reference code HEC.
- partnership agreement 1826