Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co
Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co (1737-1891), established in London, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in Lombard Street, City of London, in 1737 as Atkins, Honeywood & Fuller. The firm moved to Birchin Lane in c.1754, Cornhill in c.1774 and Moorgate in c.1840s. In 1859 the firm merged with Sapte, Muspratt, Banbury & Co bankers of London, to form Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Mathieson. In 1881 the firm’s title changed to Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co. In 1891 it was acquired by Parr’s Banking Co Ltd of Warrington.
Detailed list of name changes
- Atkins, Honeywood & Fuller in 1737
- Honeywood & Fuller in 1746
- Honeywood, Fuller & Co in 1754
- Fuller & Cope in c.1761
- Fuller, Blake & Halford in c.1770
- Fuller, Halford & Vaughan in 1774
- Fuller, Son, Halford & Vaughan in 1778
- Richard Fuller, Sons & Vaughan in 1781
- Richard Fuller, George Fuller & Co by 1805
- Fullers & Co in c.1827
- Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Mathieson in 1859
- Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co in 1881
- F G Hilton Price, A handbook of London Bankers (London: Chatto & Windus, 1876)
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Fuller, Banbury, Nix & Co have the reference code FUL.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- partners’ personal papers 1766-1800, 1851-77
- customers’ papers 1774-1888
- assignment of debt 1783
- staff surety bonds 1803-58
- indemnities re lost draft 1804-19
- cheques 1852-94
- papers re premises 1872-87
- balance sheet 1895