Emmerson & Co
Emmerson & Co (c.1796-1841), established in Sandwich, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in about 1796 as Harvey & Co by Samuel Harvey, a local brewer. It was also known as Sandwich Bank. The bank was styled Harvey, Bradley, Matson, Emmerson & Hodgson by 1810, Emmerson, Hodgson & Bradley by 1815 and Emmerson, Hodgson & Emmerson by 1829. In 1841, when known as Emmerson & Co, it was acquired by London & County Bank.