Dunsford & Co
Dunsford & Co (1788-1883), established in Tiverton, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in Tiverton in 1788 as Dickenson & Co by John Dickenson, a merchant. The firm was also known as Tiverton Bank and later as Tiverton & Devonshire Bank. In 1883, by which time it was known as Dunsford & Co, the bank was acquired by Stuckey’s Banking Co.
Detailed list of name changes
- Dickenson & Co in 1788
- Dickenson, Lewis, Besley & Son in 1796
- Dickenson & Besley in 1808
- Dickenson & Dunsford in 1810
- Dickenson, Dunsford, Barne & Boase in 1812
- Dunsford, Barne & Boase by 1821
- Dunsford & Barne in 1829
- Dunsford, Dunsford & Barne by 1846
- Dunsford, Dunsford & Taylor from 1858
- Dunsford & Co by 1883
Also known as Tiverton Bank and as Tiverton & Devonshire Bank.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Dunsford & Co have the reference code DUN.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- deposit receipt 1877
- cheques 1878-82
- amalgamation agreement 1883