Drewett, Fowler & Fowler
Image: cheque of Drewett & Fowler, 1826 © RBS 2018
Drewett, Fowler & Fowler (1797-1852), established in London, was a past constituent of NatWest.
This private bank was established in Old Broad Street, London, in 1797 as Joseph Smith & Co. It was known as Smith & Holt by 1818; William Holt & Co by 1819; Drewett & Fowler by 1823; and Drewett, Fowler & Fowler from 1850. The bank moved to Princes Street in 1837.
In 1850 the bank was acquired by Barnard, Barnard & Dimsdale, which then became Dimsdale, Drewett, Fowler & Barnard.
- FG Hilton Price, A handbook of London Bankers (London: Chatto & Windus, 1890)
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Drewett, Fowler & Fowler have the reference code DRE.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- customer account ledger 1823-6
- cheques 1826-47
- draft circular re amalgamation 1837
- rates and tax payment receipts 1845-51
- partners' correspondence 1847-51