Dingley, Pearse & Co
Dingley, Pearse & Co (1856-1922), established in Okehampton, was a past constituent of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
This Okehampton private bank was established in 1856 by partners Richard Dingley of Launceston, banker; John Pearse of Hatherleigh, solicitor; Edward Pethybridge of Launceston, banker; George Graham White of Launceston, solicitor; and John Dingley of Launceston, solicitor.
As well as the main office in Okehampton, the bank opened a branch in Hatherleigh and an agency at Chagford.
In 1922 the bank was acquired by National Provincial & Union Bank of England, which appointed partners John Dingley and ED Pethybridge to serve as local directors.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Dingley, Pearse & Co have the reference code DIN.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- cheque 1893
- amalgamation papers 1922
Summary of archive holdings elsewhere
- Devon Record Office: Paying in slips 1907-08 (3963/M/B/6/9)