Bank of Stockport
Bank of Stockport (1836-1872) was a past constituent of NatWest.
This joint stock bank was established in Stockport in 1836 as Bank of Stockport. It moved into purpose-built premises in 1869, when deposits were £191,453. Bank of Stockport was acquired by Manchester & County Bank in 1872.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Bank of Stockport have the reference code BST.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types (PDF 24KB).
- deed of settlement 1836
- directors’ meeting minute books 1836-1868
- deeds of appointment of trustees 1837, 1846
- deed of covenant re shareholdings 1849
- half-yearly shareholder report 1850
- managers' notebook 1858-1884
- manager’s commission register 1864-1885
- list of shareholders eligible for directorships 1865-1872
- annual general meeting minutes 1869-1871
- balances book 1836-1893
- bills of exchange 1857-1860, 1866
- customer securities 1853-1874
- customer account passbook 1861-1892
- customer account statement 1866-1868
- credit slips 1871
- declarations of secrecy book 1836-1898
- employment agreement 1857
- tender re construction of new bank 1868