Bank of Leeds Ltd
Image: unissued cheque form of Bank of Leeds, 1860s © RBS 2018
Bank of Leeds Ltd (1864-1878) was a past constituent of NatWest.
This limited liability joint stock bank was established in Leeds, with an authorised capital of £100,000. It traded from the former premises of a Bank of England branch in Albion Street under the management of William Ferguson. The directors were Darnton Lupton, a cloth manufacturer; WH Conyers, a leather merchant; John Ellershaw, an oil merchant; JO March, an ironmaster; John Rhodes, a stockbroker; and Thomas Tannett, an engineer. The bank was acquired by National Provincial Bank of England in 1878.
Summary of our archive holdings
Our archival records of Bank of Leeds Ltd have the reference code BLE.
For help understanding words used here, check our glossary of banking record types.
- information book 1867-1904
- cheque book 1860s