Comments on this website
Make sure your voice is heard
This site is all about communication. It's a way for us to keep you up to date with what's happening at RBS and to let us hear your views and opinions - positive and negative - on how we're measuring up
We check every post
We review every post before publishing it to make it doesn’t breach these guidelines. So please bear with us - it sometimes takes a day or two for your comments to appear
- Abusive language - comments that are defamatory, abusive, racially offensive, threatening, profane, sexually oriented or homophobic
- Personal attacks - we want to hear your views about our organisation. Don't make personal attacks on any member of our staff or anyone else
- Anything illegal or that condones or encourages other people to act unlawfully
- Criticising our competitors - if you have a problem with another bank, please let them know. We won't publish this criticism
- Advertising - we won't publish posts that contain advertising messages
- Personal information - please don't enter your own or anyone else's personal details, including account numbers etc
- Typing only capitals - it comes across as shouting
- Make it meaningful - this is your chance to say what you feel, so use straightforward language to make your point as clearly as possible
- Keep it short - try to make a single point in a maximum of about 100 words. But don't make your messages too short - we won't publish one word posts. Got more than one point to make? Then simply post another message
Contact us directly
Social media house rules
These house rules apply to social media accounts operated by The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, (‘RBS Group’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’), on social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
Any references in these rules to ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘yours’ are references to the person(s) using our social media accounts.
The rules let you interact with us in a safe and appropriate way. If you don’t accept the rules, please do not use our social media accounts. Otherwise we may delete your comments or block you.
The basic rules are:
- Only post information you are happy for everyone to see
- Keep comments or messages on-topic
- Only comment or message us with your own opinions
- Post personal or confidential information
- Use offensive, indecent or obscene language that could be discriminatory or promotes discrimination of any kind, or that may be considered as bullying or harassment
- Incite, condone or encourage conduct which could result in a criminal offence, civil liability, or otherwise breach any laws or regulations including any laws regarding competition
- Post anything that could be considered defamatory or embarrassing, or damaging to an individual, company or entity’s reputation
- Use our social media accounts in an anti-competitive way or do anything to give rise to anti-competitive behaviour
Management of our social media accounts
Our accounts may be managed by RBS employees and/or third parties appointed by RBS. We cannot moderate what others say about us before they post, but we may (if we can) remove posts which don't comply with our house rules.
Views and opinions
Social media platforms are independent third party websites and are not associated with us or RBS: we can't control what they do.
Except for our own comments and messages, the views and opinions expressed on our social media accounts are the views and opinions of the person posting the information, and are not those of RBS. While we try to ensure that the information on our site is current, we cannot guarantee that the information provided on our social media accounts will be complete, accurate or up-to-date.
Using your comments, ideas and images
Our materials and intellectual property
Our names, images, trade marks and other materials contained on our social media accounts are protected by intellectual property rights. You must not use these materials for any reason without our express consent.
Where there are links to third party websites or resources, whether posted by us or a third party, you access these at your sole discretion and at your own risk. We are not responsible or liable for any damage caused by third party websites or resources.
Our comments or messages are not intended to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and shall not be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way. You should obtain advice from a qualified financial advisor before making any investment decision.
We reserve the right to amend these House Rules at any time without prior notice. We will notify you on our social media account when there has been a change to these House Rules. You should make sure you are complying with the current House Rules.
We reserve the right to close our social media accounts at any time, without prior written notice.
Please do not issue any formal notices to us through our social media accounts. These should be sent to our address which is indicated below within the ‘Regulatory information’ section.
These House Rules are governed by the laws of Scotland and any dispute regarding these House Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, registered in Scotland no. 90312. Registered office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority, and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.