Lombard is one of the UK’s oldest and largest asset finance partners. The company founders started hiring out rolling stock to the railways over 150 years ago. Today, Lombard maintains this forward-looking entrepreneurial approach — helping businesses obtain the vehicles, machinery, equipment, technology, marine vessels and aircraft, they need in order to operate effectively.
Asset finance is a form of funding that uses the asset as security and helps businesses release working capital that can be used for other business requirements. It is a flexible means of funding capital investment without taking money out of reserves.
Lombard knows that today's businesses must invest in up-to-date assets to achieve sustainable growth and they make it easier for businesses to access the finance they need to secure those assets.
Lombard’s support doesn't end at asset finance. It also assists businesses in many more ways, connecting them with quality banking services, vehicle funding and fleet management and specialist technology solutions that help take businesses to the next level.
Did you know?
- Lombard helps businesses finance everything from cars and vans to 3D printers, potato bagging plants to anaerobic digesters, the Welsh Rugby coach to solar power digital signage on the M1.
- Lombard’s customers include the owners of Europe’s largest vodka bottling plant, the UK’s only washing machine manufacturer and the special effects company for movies such as The Hunger Games, Marvel films, James Bond and Batman.
- Lombard's biggest ever deal was worth over £395m, financing 78 trains for Virgin Rail.
- For the eighth year running, Lombard has won the Business Moneyfacts Best Leasing & Asset Finance Provider Award (2009-2016) — accolades awarded by an independent publication and judged on user feedback and external research.
- Lombard partners with the Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) to present the Lombard Trophy, the biggest pro-am golf tournament. This year sees the introduction of a new pro-am tournament for WPGA and female amateurs, with the WPGA Lombard Trophy. Lombard is backing the women's tournament to reflect its support for equality and diversity and to encourage the development of the women's game at grassroots level.
- Lombard works with a variety of manufacturing bodies and organisations, to support the UK's manufacturers and help raise the profile of UK manufacturing. Some of the industry associations where Lombard is either a partner or a member include the All Parliamentary Manufacturing Group (APMG); EEF, the manufacturers' organisation, and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
- About us
- Our brands
- News and opinion