Q3 Interim Management Statement 2013
- RBS announces actions to accelerate capital strengthening and enhance strategic focus
- Full review of bank to improve customer service, reporting February 2014
- Q3 2013 pre-tax loss £634 million, after £496 million accounting charge for improved own credit
- Core Tier 1 ratio up to 11.6%, or 9.1% on a fully loaded Basel III basis
For full Q3 Results documentation and details of the management presentation, see our Results Centre.
"The bar has been set at a higher level for RBS than for other UK banks because we were rescued at the public’s expense. I have asked all our people to embrace the higher expectations that people have placed on our bank. That’s the only way we will build a really great business for our customers, our people and our shareholders. That’s my aim."
Ross McEwan, RBS Group Chief Executive
Sir Philip Hampton, Chairman, talks about Q3 Results
Conference call replays
Replays are available until Thursday 14 November 2013.
Call one of these numbers and use the appropriate access code from the list below:
- UK free call: 0800 953 1533
- International: +44 (0) 1452 550 000
- Ireland free call: 1 800 931 692
- USA free call: 1 866 247 4222
- India free call: 1 800 300 089 80
- Singapore free call: 8004 411 242
- Hong Kong free call: 8009 013 93
- Australia free call: 1 800 613 774
Conference replay access codes
- Wires conference: 79319838
- Analyst conference: 79542488
- Media conference: 79605480
It’s often said that when the US sneezes the world catches a cold, in matters of to the economy at least. The past week may go down as the one where the world realised that it can catch a cold from China too. The good news? Last week’s events have been fought off. The bad news? China’s difficult period has a long way to go.
All news and opinion