Update on technical issues, Susan Allen, Director of Customer Services, RBS Group
24th June 2012
I can confirm that we are making progress to clear the backlog of payments and I'm cautiously optimistic that RBS and NatWest customer account balances will be largely back to normal from tomorrow.
The knock on effects of this technical failure mean there will be bumps in the road. We will do everything we can to minimise further disruption to our customers. And we continue to rely on and appreciate their patience as we work through possible disruptions.
I can confirm today that we have started the process of putting things right for our customers. We will automatically waive any overdraft fees or charges on current accounts for customers affected. This will be processed over the next few days.
We will work directly with credit agencies to ensure no one has their credit score affected. For all other issues, customers have our commitment that they will not be out of pocket from this issue. We will publish further details on how we will ensure this later in the week.
Susan Allen, Director of Customer Services, RBS Group
For further information and contact numbers please visit our customer websites:
Find your nearest branch or ATM
- NatWest branch and ATM locator
- RBS branch and ATM locator
- Ulster Bank branch locator
Previous news messages and comments on this topic
- Response to technical problem (21st June 2012)
- Update on technical problems (22nd June 2012)
- Important information for our customers (23rd June 2012)
- Message to Customers from Stephen Hester RBS Group Chief Executive (23rd June 2012)
- Update on technical issue: 1200 main branches opening late 25th to 29th June (24th June 2012)