Message to Customers from Stephen Hester RBS Group Chief Executive
Update 24th June
Branches open Sunday 24th June 2012
23rd June 2012
The problems of the past few days have caused disruption and inconvenience for our customers as well as for many customers of other banks.
I am very sorry for the difficulties people are experiencing. Our customers rely on us day in and day out to get things right, and on this occasion we have let them down. This should not have happened.
Right now my top priority, and the priority of the entire RBS Group, is to fix these problems and put things right for our customers.
This is taking time, but I want to reassure people that we are working around the clock to resolve these problems as quickly as we are able.
I also want to be clear that where our customers are facing hardship or difficulty we can and will help them. Our staff have already helped thousands of customers to access cash and we will continue to provide this service on a 24 hour basis while we work to resolve the problems.
I also want to reassure customers that no one will be left permanently out of pocket as a result of this, and again, they should contact us directly about this.
We have double the usual number of staff in our call centres, and for the first time ever we will open 1,200 branches across the country on a Sunday from 9am to 12pm.
Once again I am very sorry for the inconvenience.
Stephen Hester, RBS Group Chief Executive
For further information and contact numbers please visit our customer websites:
Find your nearest branch or ATM
- NatWest branch and ATM locator
- RBS branch and ATM locator
- Ulster Bank branch locator
Previous news messages and comments on this topic
- Response to techncial problem (21st June 2012)
- Update on technical problems (22nd June 2012)
- Important information for our customers (23rd June 2012)
- Update on technical issues, Susan Allen, Director of Customer Services, RBS Group (24th June 2012)
- Update on technical issues: 1200 branches opening late 25th to 29th June (25th June 2012)