On the internet
We are committed to making our site more accessible and support the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)/a>>/>. Our product directory has been designed to meet the WAI recommendations.
Over the coming months, we will be reworking our tools, product application forms and on-line services to fully meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
You can view our website on a wide range of browsers.
We have tested the pages of the site with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6, 7 and 8 for PCs
- Firefox version 2 and 3 for PCs and Macintosh computers
- Safari version 3.x for PCs and Macintosh computers.
Our on-line banking service requires specific configurations. Please visit our on-line banking page for more information at www.rbs.co.uk/a>>/>/a>>/>/a>>/>/a>>/>/a>>/>/a>>/>
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - press 'Alt' and letter, then press enter
- Netscape - press 'Alt' and letter at the same time
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - hold down 'Control' key and then press letter
Keyboard Shortcut Action
- H = Load home page
- A = Load accessibility page
- S = Skip to the main content of a page.
We are improving our branches to make access easier for everyone. For example, we are improving lighting levels and fitting handrails to steps.
Where possible, all of our new and refurbished branches have been designed with the following features:
- a permanent or temporary ramp
- automatic or power assisted doors
- audio Induction loops installed on some counter positions and a portable induction loop that can be used during meetings and interviews
- interview rooms at ground level with access suitable for wheelchair users
- counter positions at lower levels for customers who use wheelchairs and, in branches where this isn't possible, a writing table at a lower level
- layout and signage designed with suitable colour contrast to assist our partially sighted customers.
Using cash machines
All of our cash machines have audible tone prompts after each key depression. The keyboards on our new cash machines also have the following features:
- raised dot on the number 5
- coloured keys for 'entry' and 'error'
- a depression in the middle of the keys making the keys easier to press.
Where possible, our newer cash machines have been installed at a height suitable for wheelchair access.
A guide to using our cash machines is available in Braille, large print or on audiotape.
You can contact us using Typetalk. Textphone numbers are provided throughout our website.
For customers with visual impairments we provide the following services free of charge:
- statements and general correspondence produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- brochures produced in Braille, large print or on audiotape
- PIN numbers provided in Braille.
For customers with hearing impairments we provide the following services free of charge:
- hearing induction loops in all of our branches. In addition to providing fixed loops on some of our counter positions, all branches have a portable induction loop that is available for use in interview rooms
- we can arrange for an RNID interpreter to be present for meetings, but please bear in mind this may require a few days notice.